Friday 16 November 2012

Nandos

Yesterday I had a very nice lunch with a couple of friends in Nottingham. It was a great time spent catching up, sharing thoughts and ideas; encouraging each other and praying together. This took place over an hour or so spent in a Nandos restaurant.

To make myself very clear, I had a great meal, the food tasted really good and this is not an article criticizing the Nandos chain in any way. I do have, however, a small issue with a restaurant that only serves chicken. I love chicken and may well have ordered chicken anyway. I would have liked to choose from steak, lamb, pork, and vegetarian options etc as well.

And if God was designing a restaurant, I don't think he would come up with anything like Nandos. My reason is simple; I think God is all about variety and abundance and creativity. There is not a single way to live our lives in a God honoring way, in the same way that there is not one single correct way of 'doing' church.

I think that God is interested in all aspects of our lives and wants us to live for him in millions of different ways.

A simple message today with a simple prayer for anyone reading - may God bless you in every way in everything that you do.

Have a great day

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment